The Web Teks Solution Architect conceptualizes technology solutions to business problems. In this role, you will collaborate with developers, account managers, clients, and IT professionals to identify and deliver the best outcomes for our clients. A reliable teammate, the Solution Architect enables us to deliver the right results, the first time. Our most successful architects have development experience and have branched out into other aspects of the development lifecycle.
VISION: The principal responsibilities for this position include understanding business outcomes for our client, formulating the vision for a technical solution, and collaborating on that solution with internal stakeholders to ensure that technical outcomes are aligned with client expectations.
COLLABORATION: The Solution Architect interacts daily with the product team, in an iterative and participative cycle of requirements development and management.
EXECUTION: The Solution Architect leads and drives the team to successful outcomes. A successful Architect exemplifies integrity, accountability, and servant leadership.
Additional Responsibilities and Traits
- Work independently, needing minimal guidance and contributing to the most complex projects at a high technical level.
- Process focused, upholding the integrity of the product.
- Self-starter, creative, aggressive, smart, polished, with meticulous attention to detail.
- Superior written and oral communications.
- Maintain high standards for quality in every deliverable, including meaningful charts and diagrams to support business and technical products.
- A proven track record of planning and organizational skills to handle multiple deadlines and manage several efforts in parallel.
- Achievement oriented; process centered; committed to impeccable quality.
- Ad hoc coach or mentor to teammates.
- Highly organized and diligent worker, tracking time and expenses consistently in real time.
- Unquestionable integrity and unparalleled work ethic.
- Five or more years’ experience in web technologies, software engineering, and/or IT
- Database design, software architecture, and/or programming experience, demonstrating superior problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- A history of effective communication with both technical and non-technical audiences, including clients and technical colleagues
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, in a field related to IT, computer systems, or computer science; or 3+ years of related work experience
- Experience with relational and non-relational database technologies, web frameworks, content management systems
- Strong understanding of Open Source development technologies and methodologies
- Experience in business consulting, competitive analysis, and/or strategic planning
- Prior experience as Product Owner or Scrum Master, including prioritizing development backlog, planning releases, planning sprints, and driving requirements/user stories