The Technical Operations Manager will provide technical leadership, vision, direction, and oversee software development, DevOps and infrastructure operations for the company's delivery of solutions for its clients. As a global technologist, the Technical Operations Manager will oversee all hardware, software, and security systems as well as data storage, data delivery, and data management and more to make business operations run securely, smoothly and efficiently to ensure stable and quality solutions are delivered and maintained for Web Teks clients.
This individual will provide technical leadership and vision in collaboration with the business development team in their efforts to provide solutions, product and feature roadmaps to clients. The position is located in Chesapeake, Va. Some travel required.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Facilitates the organization’s ability to meet business needs by managing the activities of developers and DevOps engineers consistently delivering quality solutions on time, within budget, and scope including:
- Define technical vision & technology stack for customer's solutions to meet project requirements & client needs.
- Identify opportunities to standardize offerings in repeatable solutions.
- Work with internal customers to validate project technical requirements.
- Lead the software development and DevOps teams.
- Collaborate with the Business Development team to scope proposed solution ideas and attend client pitch meetings as necessary.
- Provide key input into project plans, resource planning, scheduling, estimates and manage development timelines.
- Build and manage multi-disciplined software teams and oversee the development processes using industry best practices.
- Responsible for internal technical infrastructure and tools including internal network, CRM, and related technologies.
- Manage multiple tasks and responsibilities in high-pressure environments.
- Broad technical skills and experience in a variety of technologies - from web application hosting and development, mobile applications development, cloud migrations, data center relocations or infrastructure monitoring needs, and technical team leadership.
- Strong people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties.
- Ability to drive a culture of quality and personal accountability through the development and delivery teams.
- Able to effectively interact with C-level executives both internally and externally.
- Expertise in vendor selection, vendor contract management, and management of distributed development teams and resources, including those offshore.
- Experience in application architecture and making rational buy vs. build and interface decisions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work equally well in self-managed and team-based Agile/Scrum projects.
- Deep technical knowledge of web applications using web services (REST/SOAP/SOA/XML/HTML)
SQL, Oracle or other database interface experience. BitBucket, GitHub, Atlassian Suite, CI/CD technologies,
CRM systems, OSS Platforms, application integration with legacy systems.