Web Teks is a leading digital transformation agency. Our mission is to drive success for our clients through design, development and implementation of leading-edge enterprise technology solutions. Our team’s focus on delivering results for our clients has made us the go-to firm for many Fortune 500 companies and smaller niche firms around the country.
Web Teks is seeking a Systems Administrator with AWS experience.
As a Systems Administrator you will work with diverse technologies to build tools and automation to eliminate manual operations and craft repeatable processes, thereby maintaining a highly available server infrastructure for deploying instances, applying operating system updates, managing configuration changes, and system tuning. You will work collaboratively with the software engineering team to implement continuous integration best practices, deploy applications, and automate operations and processes. Collaborate with other members of the engineering and operations community to ensure successful implementation of strategies and architectures to enterprise applications and infrastructure, create, measure, analyze, and present reports to management representing current information systems operations, and identify where opportunities for improvement exist.
- Manage and support employee workstations (Windows and Macs)
- Install and configure software, servers, and workstations
- Manage network devices, servers and technology tools
- Support client servers and AWS pre-production and production environments
- Manage and support cloud applications, including G-Suite
- Oversee lifecycle operations for both hardware and software
- Administer user accounts and access controls
- Troubleshoot issues and outages
- Assist users with support inquiries
- Ensure security compliance
- Create documentation to cover new and existing systems
- Assist with monitoring and tracking of service tickets to ensure that resolution occurs within the customer's scope of services
- Manage and assist in the maintenance or repair of appropriate technologies and peripherals to ensure availability and good working condition of all equipment
- Develop and maintain knowledge of customer's specific business environment
- Provide input to and/or develop departmental procedures and incident reports
Ideal candidates will possess:
- Resourcefulness with the ability to diagnose and resolve problems quickly
- 3-5 years experience in systems administration
- Experience with cloud application and hosting platforms, including AWS and G-Suite
- Strong knowledge of networking concepts including routing, switching, VLANs, firewalls, NAT, and WiFi
- 1+ years of experience with automation frameworks, including Chef, Docker, Puppet, or Jenkins
- Experience with email administration, storage administration, mobile device management
- Knowledge of AWS platform and its services - including but not limited to: AMIs, Route53, VPC, EC2, S3, EBS, ELB, SQS, Cloud Watch
- Hands on experience in AWS provisioning of systems, securing of VPC, implementation of Security Groups, Identity and Access Management, Backups, Restore and Disaster Recovery
- Experience with system health monitoring and optimizing performance (CloudWatch, SolarWinds, Nagios, SumoLogic, Splunk)
- Knowledge of data storage, including using a file system, relational database, or NoSQL variant, such as Redis and Elasticsearch
- Experience with administration of web servers running Apache, Tomcat, IIS, Nginx
- Networking including DNS, certificate management, load balancing, firewalls and routing.
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Enterprise scale cloud environment delivering PaaS and/or SaaS solutions
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and able to adapt to changing business needs
- Work well with cross functional global and remote teams
- Worked in an operational support role with after hours on call responsibilities
- Capable of writing scripts in Perl, Python, Powershell, or Bash
- Seek opportunities to improve knowledge, skills, and performance.
- Enjoy working in a fun and fast paced environment
- Keen interest and ability to learn new technologies and possess excellent communication skills