*Remote work is not authorized.
Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident of the US to be eligible for consideration.
If not local to Hampton Roads area, must be willing to travel at own expense for interview if selected
The environment you will be working in is a results oriented mobile development organization responsible for application development, release management, support systems and ongoing support.
You will be responsible for participating in all phases of the Agile development and maintenance life cycle, typically for an assigned business unit or corporate department, and utilizing various customer technology platforms.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- React Native application development with advanced knowledge/deep understanding of web application framework
- Works with Scrum team to develop and define application scope and objectives and prepare functional and/or technical specifications using Agile methodologies
- Collaborates with engineers and graphic designers, analyzes and classifies complex change requests and reviews and evaluates possible enhancements.
- Analyzes and evaluates detailed business and technical requirements, trouble-shooting systems.
- Develops and performs unit testing, identifies & fixes defects and supports defect analysis and resolution in integrated environments
- Mentors others.
- Improve systems uptime by improving system quality.
- Codes and maintains complex components of information systems.
- Self-organizing, takes initiative to drive resolution to open issues
- Develops and maintains active relationships with the business to better understand business requirements.
- Provides rotational on call support and monitors the system and identifies system deficiencies.
- Technical documentation
- Peer Reviews
- Ability to mentor others
- Ability to lead small projects and provide troubleshooting support
- Demonstrate skills related to troubleshooting issues, coordination and collaboration
- Experience Unit testing (Industry Std tools; Jasmine, Karma preferred)
- Strong Analytical skills, strong verbal communication skills, and strong written communication skills
- Experienced with version control systems (Git Preferred, Stash or CVS) is required. GitFlow preferred
Nice to Have skills:
- RESTful web services
- Agile Scrum Development
- Java Enterprise (JEE 6) development
- Java Application Server (Websphere)
- SOAP web services